One of the applications we’re working on in Carmesh is a Raspberry Pi based data logger. The architecture of the system is that the RPi is connected to the OBD-II interface and provides a simple web-based interface to OBD-II state to any interested clients. In our case, we will write a mobile app which will avail of this.
While working on the first version of carmesh Android application I had some issues with co-ordination between the app and an embedded Webview browser. The issues manifested in an authentication process which had to run in an embedded browser before handing control back to the application.
(This is the first in our series of posts on issues we found in our implementation work).
Short blog post on an issue we found with a library we’re using…
In carmesh, we’re working on accessing some social services on the user’s behalf. One technology we’re using to access Oauth’d services is sanction – it’s a handy python library which takes care of authentication and provides a nice authenticated way to interact with services.